Thursday, April 30, 2009

Oh Melanie...Your Face

As I exited my room this evening after having worked on a paper and talking to a friend, I noticed my sister was watching Working Girl.

All I have to ask is...Melanie...what the fuck happened to you?

Why did you do it?

You were soft and pretty. A real woman. Something we all could admire.


Then you caved to everyone else's opinion and got leaner, meaner, and just different.

I can't say I blame you. It's hard to ignore the media's beautiful stick thin representatives of the female population. And it gets to me too. I am way to critical of my own appearance and sometimes find myself wishing I looked like them.

But not too often.

So Melanie, I won't criticize. You've done me a favor today. Reminded me that I look fine the way I am.


No comments: