Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Review of "Her Diamonds" by Rob Thomas


I have been a Rob Thomas fan since I was in middle school, loving Matchbox 20 and singing along with their lyrics in the car in the morning.

When Rob Thomas released his single Something to Be, I had fallen out of love with "pop" music having been in a place in my life where I preferred Seether to music that actually made some sense. It was months after the release of Something to Be that I actually listened to more than one track, and I found the CD to be quite moving (his song My My My has always made me think of my grandmother and I cannot listen to it without crying).

When I joined Twitter I began to follow Thomas, and sure enough he is funny and sweet and just about everything people describe him as being. I was excited for the release of his new single Her Diamonds from the upcoming album Cradlesong and sure enough I wasn't dissappointed.

The song is beautiful, and although I am not sure who it was written about (my guess is his wife) it blends a situation that everyone has experienced into a beautifully uplifting melody about a seemingly hopeless situation.

It is clear that Thomas is a sensitive loving man, a beautiful lyricist, and a very talented musician.

A review can be found by Mike Mcready here, and to listen to the song click here.

No comments: