Thursday, March 5, 2009

Whatever happend to Dinosaur Cookies

Does anyone else remember dinosaur graham cracker cookies? They came in a green box that looked as if it had a scene from Land Before Time on it. Not Land Before Time XXXIV but the original. The only one of them that was ever actually worth watching.

I remember how much I loved those cookies. I mean really loved them. They were a deliciously simple dessert, and considering how often my mother let me have them, my guess is they were also relatively healthy.

What was so wonderful about the cookies was their unique taste. It wasn't that of shortbread or graham cracker but that of a hybrid. The density of a shortbread cookie with a flavor that was reminiscent of graham crackers.

It just reminds me of how simple things were when I was a kid. Everything had a place, and everything had a purpose. Those were my after dinner cookies and that is what they were. A treat. Now the lines are so blurred. What to eat, where to go, who to spend time with...they aren't as clearly defined as they once were. And while most days I can handle it, today wasn't one of those days.

Someone just bring me a cookie already.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I remember those cookies!!!!! And I loved them so much! I wish they would make them again!

Unknown said...

I remember those cookies!!!!! And I loved them so much! I wish they would make them again!