Wednesday, April 15, 2009

I Saved A Kitten Today...


...and he or she wrecked my car.

The cute little devil is a stray. I have seen it around the complex before and tried to catch it so I could give it a good home, but alas, it was too quick.

So I watched it dart between cars every now and then wondering where it was from, and where it was going.

So I am going to get in my car this morning, and unbeknownst to me, the little devil is curled up in a tiny little ball under the car.

I get in, and throw my bag on the front seat, and begin to slowly...and cautiously...back out of my parking spot.

Well the cute lil Kit-Kat under my car must have gotten scared (and rightfully so) and darted out from under the moving vehicle, which I happend to see in my rearview. This startled me and my reaction was to jerk the wheel (bad idea if I had been anywhere other than a parking spot)

I clipped the pole of the covered parking spots next to me, and then proceeded to watch as my front bumper smoothly peeled away from the front of my car.

It was almost beautiful...a little poetic even.

Now I could have freaked out, and there was a time in my life when I defenitly would have. But I didn't. The only thing I said was...

"Really?"

So I got up, got my sister, moved the bumper, and drove her car to school. I was proud of myself for not freaking out. I was proud of myself for saving the tiny 'lil' kitten.

But...as sad and selfish I can't help but think...

My car is ugly!

That makes me sad.




Posted by Picasa

No comments: