Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Roadhouse Menu: Swayze Beefsteak

Flipping through the channels tonight I stumbled upon Roadhouse. It had been a while since I had seen it so I watched a little bit, and I have to say...damn that man can make a movie.

When I first learned of Swayze's cancer I was pretty upset. I mean it's Patrick Swayze. He is indestructible. It would be like Arnold Schwarzenegger having heart problems.

Oh wait...

But it is hard when an icon that is perceived as being indestructible suddenly becomes mortal. I mean what do you do? How do you cope?

Roadhouse is actually my second favorite movie of Swayze's. Here are my top five fave Swayze films:

1. Black Dog
2. Roadhouse
3. Ghost
4. To Wong Fu: Thanks for Everything, Julie Newmar
5. Dirty Dancing

I decided to google Mr. Swayze while watching the film and I found out that he has an International Fan Club! And they put out a magazine!

As an aspiring writer, the thought of writing about this pop culture icon is...stimulating to say the least. But that's off topic.

Swayze's hot. He always has been. I saw him on a preview of his new show "Beast" and I have to say, the man is still extremely sexy...cancer and all. If anyone can beat the shit out of cancer it's...

1. Jack Crewes
2. Dalton
3. Sam Wheat
4. Vida Boheme
5. Johnny Castle

As Crewes, Swayze is a truck driver battling time bad guys, and the pitt-bull chained to his toilet in the trailer of his rig.

As Dalton...well...you pop culture fans know Dalton means business.
Sam Wheat overcame limbo to save the woman he loved and revenge his murder.

Vida Boheme beat the shit out of Stockard Channing's abusive husband.

And Johnny Castle saved a friend's life, awakened passion in a new dance partner, and just looked damn good without a shirt on.

So when a picture (have no idea if it was doctored) of Swayze showed up in the National Enquirer looking gaunt and emaciated...

I couldn't help but think of the golden haired mullet-god in Roadhouse. Or the inspiring cross-dresser in To Wong Fu...
Suddenly, I'm not so worried.

1 comment:

PlayerTwo811 said...

Patrick Swayze is the reason I became a mechanical engineering technologist.