Saturday, April 18, 2009

Waverly Because I will Pass Out Soon

I had a panic attack shopping for fabric today thanks to Better Homes and Gardens, Martha Stewart, and any other crafty television/and magazine dynasty that have turned everyday people into top designers.
The only problem is, these lovely ladies of design never told me how many options there actually were.
Muslin. Brocade. Silk. Satin. Stripes. Chintz. Embroidery.
I'm sorry... you lost me at muslin.

My mother, aunt, sister, and me were shopping for fabric for curtains and a valence early this afternoon. Upon entering the store this afternoon, my sister and I began to peruse bolts of fabric.

And then we found more fabric.

Then a bit more.

I totally panicked. The beautiful steely blues, sexy rich blacks, and mature golds and reds overtook my sense of sight and almost blinded me. While the reds and golds were the only colors that fit the color scheme of my apartment, I began to picture future color schemes in future houses.

And I panicked some more.

What if my future husband and I couldn't afford nice homemade curtains? What if I had to make them?

I CAN'T SEW!

My typical reaction to too many options when shopping is to wander off. If my sister asks me too many things during grocery shopping, I will wander to another aisle. When my mother and aunt kept asking questions I did the same thing.

AND FOUND MORE FABRIC!

And I found the good fabric too. I love Waverly fabrics. I grew up with them in my home as a child, and now I have the Waverly collection from Target in my room.

We finally picked and bought a fabric three hours after entering, and got enough to make the curtains and the valence (locating enough fabric was even more difficult).

I just thank heavens that I found out now that I need a designer to make choices for me.

Sandra Lee... I am at your beck and call.

(Fabric- Down the Lane: http://www.joann.com/joann/catalog.jsp?CATID=cat953850&PRODID=xprd944009)

No comments: